Business Plan KitEverything you ever wanted to know about my DIY Kit.
Who This Kit Is For
Distilling Your Dream is a step-by-step Business Plan Kit for those who want to turn their dreams into reality, but have a limited budget.
This kit will help you:
- Understand the key elements of your business
- Develop a roadmap for what you want to do and how you’ll do it
- Clearly explain your vision so you can attract investors and customers
Whether you want to launch soon or already have a business that needs help getting to the next level, you’ve come to the right place.
How this kit works.
There are two distinct parts to any business plan: the narrative (I call it ‘The Words’) and the financial projections (I call them ‘The Numbers’). Likewise, there are two parts to Distilling Your Dream… The Words and The Numbers.
My step-by-step Business Plan Kit explains everything in plain English — no jargon or fancy lingo — and breaks it down for you as follows:
Part 1: The Words
- The Distilling Process. Explains the thinking and purpose behind each section of a business plan’s narrative.
- Instructions. Describes how to use the worksheets most effectively, how the worksheets and templates work together and gives you helpful hints.
- Worksheets. So you can work on each section of your narrative, one step at a time.
- Worksheet 1 – Describe Your Business
- Worksheet 2 – Products & Services Offered
- Worksheet 3 – Market Analysis
- Worksheet 4 – Business Location
- Worksheet 5 – Competition
- Worksheet 6 – Management Team
- Worksheet 7 – Personnel
- Worksheet 8 – Purpose & Use of Funds
- Worksheet 9 – Introductions for describing your business
- Narrative Template. Transfer your worksheet answers into a Microsoft Word document specially designed for the narrative portion of your business plan.
- Executive Summary Template. Distill your business plan into an executive summary. From there you can develop your pitch, slide deck or 1-page summary!
Part 2: The Numbers
- The Distilling Process. Explains the thinking and purpose behind each spreadsheet used in a business plan’s financial projections.
- Instructions. Describes how to use the worksheets most effectively, how the worksheets and template work together and some important reminders.
- Worksheets. So you can work on each section of your financial projections, one step at a time.
- Worksheet 10 – Equipment List
- Worksheet 11 – Balance Sheet
- Worksheet 12 – Projected Profit & Loss Statement
- Worksheet 13 – Cash Flow Projections
- Worksheet 14 – Sources & Uses of Funds
- Financials Template. Most of your work will be done directly in the template itself. Each spreadsheet is part of a Microsoft Excel document that can be fully edited by you. I’ve built in some basic formulas and included several line items that are relevant to many businesses.
Doing things the right way.
This Business Plan Kit isn’t just a formula you follow. It guides you one step at a time, helping you address all those issues you wish you could ignore, but know you can’t (or shouldn’t). It helps you focus on doing things the right way.
Distilling Your Dream will get you thinking about:
- Your products, services and pricing
- Who your customers are and why they are going to buy from YOU
- How you will set yourself apart from the competition
- How much money you’ll need so you can pay your bills, as well as yourself.
You don’t have to do it alone.
If you have questions, get stuck or need advice, this option lets you combine the Business Plan Kit with packages of 1, 3 or 5 hours of consulting time with me.
You can buy them with the kit or later on when you have a question, need advice or want some extra support — you choose!
Once you’ve purchased consulting hours, just call or send me an email when you’re ready to schedule your one-on-one time.
NOTE: Consulting hours are for Business Plan Kit customers only.