All-In-One Teacher Kit + Immersive Instruction
- Everything you need to feel confident teaching entrepreneurship.
- Designed for middle school and high school educators.
- No business background required!
In a nutshell…
Discover your inner-entrepreneur as we demystify the world of startups.
Designed and taught in tandem by student-centered educator Annette Lesak and seasoned startup advisor Diane Tarshis.
3. Authentic learning experiences
See how your students can make a genuine impact on real businesses.
4. Step-by-step guidance
Create inspiring, confidence-building learning opportunities for ALL students, including non-traditional learners.
5. Hit the ground running
You will bring back to your classroom new knowledge, tools, skills and experiences to share with your students.
What you’ll learn
Discover your inner-entrepreneur.
Industry vocabulary and concepts, all taught in plain English. (We promise!)
How to empathize, design, prototype and test to solve real problems for real customers.
How to teach students to create positive change for society through entrepreneurship.
Business Model Canvas
How to evaluate the key elements of a business (or idea).
How to tell a compelling story and persuade investors.
How to identify and contact local startups for your class projects.
Hit the ground running with our classroom-ready, modular teaching kit.
- Detailed curriculum framework and teacher guide.
- Easy-to-implement lesson plans and project guides.
- Deliberately-crafted opportunities for soft skill development.
- Walks you through the process of building a startup.
- Clear, concise chapters presented in a linear, step-by-step format.
- Chock-full of real life examples that clearly explain all the HOWS and WHYs behind building a thriving business.
- Perfect for homework assignments.
- Templates included, too.
NOTE: Digital textbook license for 1 copy only.
Taught to you by…
A dynamic duo ready to share their classroom stories and strategies with you.
As a public and independent school librarian for over eleven years, and progressive educator at Francis W. Parker School for five, Annette is devoted to:
- Sparking curiosity
- Helping students find and analyze information
- Create new knowledge
As a social entrepreneurship educator, she crafts opportunities for her students to have authentic learning experiences, develop confidence and create a positive impact on society. Her areas of focus include maker-centered learning, design-thinking and equity and inclusion work.
As a seasoned startup advisor, Wharton grad and founder of Startup Distillery, Diane has been working with early-stage entrepreneurs for more than 20 years — and Francis W. Parker School school students for four. Working closely with her clients, she helps them develop:
- Compelling stories
- Roadmaps for building profitable, growing businesses
- Irresistible pitches
- Realistic financial projections
She differentiates her work with a hands-on collaborative approach, working with clients in a wide array of industries ranging from biofuels to home furnishings, movie production to medical devices.
Francis W. Parker School
330 W. Webster Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
*Technology, Innovation, Design thinking & Entrepreneurship for Society
Join us at our unique, classroom-tested workshop for educators!
Early bird: $1,100 per person through March 1
Standard: $1,295 per person after March 1
NOTE: Travel and hotel accommodations not included. However, we arrange for a block of discounted rooms at Hotel Lincoln to be held for a limited time.
What you get…
1. Immersive instruction
Two exhilarating days filled with hands-on learning, energizing conversation and meaningful networking 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
Participants will experience entrepreneurship through design thinking challenges, pitch activities, customer interviewing and more!
2. All-In-One Teacher Kit
Fully customizable curriculum. Use it ‘as is’ or design your own!
3. Digital Textbook
One licensed copy of Distilling Your Dream (Education Edition).
4. Lunch and snacks
Fuel for your brain to keep you going all day.
Registration is CLOSED.
- Check back in early 2021 for summer workshop dates.
- Better yet, sign up for our list and we’ll keep you posted!
Go ahead, give us a call.