DIY Kit Details
Distilling Your Dream is a step-by-step Business Plan Kit for those who want to turn their dreams into reality but have a limited budget.
This kit will help you:
- Tackle the key elements of your business.
- Develop a roadmap for what you need to do and how you’ll do it.
- Clearly explain your vision so you can attract investors and customers.
Whether you’re just starting out or you need help taking your business to the next level, you’ve come to the right place.
There are two distinct parts to any business plan:
- The narrative (I call it ‘The Words’)
- The financial projections (I call them ‘The Numbers’)
Likewise, there are two parts to Distilling Your Dream… The Words and The Numbers.
My step-by-step Business Plan Kit explains everything in plain English — no buzzwords or fancy lingo — and breaks it down for you as follows:
- The Distilling Process. Explains the thinking and purpose behind each section of a business plan’s narrative.
- Instructions. Describes how to use the worksheets most effectively, how the worksheets and templates work together and gives you helpful hints.
- Worksheets. So you can work on each section of your narrative, one step at a time.
- Worksheet 1 – Describe Your Business
- Worksheet 2 – Products & Services Offered
- Worksheet 3 – Market Analysis
- Worksheet 4 – Business Location
- Worksheet 5 – Competition
- Worksheet 6 – Management Team
- Worksheet 7 – Personnel
- Worksheet 8 – Purpose & Use of Funds
- Worksheet 9 – Introductions for describing your business
- Narrative Template. Transfer your worksheet answers into a Microsoft Word document specially designed for the narrative portion of your business plan.
- Executive Summary Template. Distill your business plan into an executive summary. From there you can develop your pitch, slide deck or 1-page summary!
- The Distilling Process. Explains the thinking and purpose behind each spreadsheet used in a business plan’s financial projections.
- Instructions. Describes how to use the worksheets most effectively, how the worksheets and template work together and some important reminders.
- Worksheets. So you can work on each section of your financial projections, one step at a time.
- Worksheet 10 – Equipment List
- Worksheet 11 – Balance Sheet
- Worksheet 12 – Projected Profit & Loss Statement
- Worksheet 13 – Cash Flow Projections
- Worksheet 14 – Sources & Uses of Funds
- Financials Template. Most of your work will be done directly in the template itself. Each spreadsheet is part of a Microsoft Excel document that can be fully edited by you. I’ve built in some basic formulas and included some line items relevant to most businesses.
My Business Plan Kit isn’t just a formula you follow. It guides you one step at a time, helping you address all those issues you wish you could ignore, but know you can’t (or shouldn’t). It helps you focus on doing things the right way.
Distilling Your Dream will get you thinking about:
- Your products and services.
- Your pricing.
- Who your customers are and why they’re going to buy from YOU.
- How you’ll set yourself apart from the competition.
- How much money you’ll need at the outset so you can pay your bills (and yourself).
If you have questions, get stuck or need advice, you can add 1, 3 or 5 hours of one-on-one consulting time with me any time you like.
Buy them with the kit or later on when you have a question, need advice or want some extra support — you choose!
Once you’ve purchased consulting hours you can call me, send an email or go directly to my calendar to schedule a time for us to talk.
* Includes 1 hour of consulting (a $225 value) to get you started! *
Still have questions?
Wharton grad and startup expert Diane Tarshis doesn’t tell you how to write your business plan, she shows you, walking you through the process step-by-step with examples, tips, templates and do-it-yourself worksheets.
Diane has been advising early-stage startups for decades. Her custom business plans have helped countless entrepreneurs launch successful businesses and secure funding. They also cost thousands of dollars. Distilling Your Dream is Diane’s low-cost/high-result solution for any entrepreneur who has a great idea but a limited budget.
This kit is where Diane shares all of her experience and insights – she doesn’t hold back a single thing – giving you the very same guidance she gives her clients.